Today's blog prompt at Digital Scrapbook Place asked me to describe my sleeping habits--an easy topic, since yesterday's prompt was so intense.
I've always been a belly-sleeper, with one leg cocked up and both arms under the pillow...guess my mother didn't believe in SIDS. Funny, because she's a back-sleeper. She sleeps perfectly still so as not to mess up hair or make-up. Not so with me: I must wash my face nightly or will end up washing the pillow daily. Also, I have naturally wavy hair that that must be tied up in elastic at bedtime. This is because (a)I can't tolerate my hair between my neck and a cold pillow and (b)I have scared children with my hair in the morning.
I am not a choosy sleeper. Light and noise and temperature rarely make much difference to me, which is good because I work a 3rd shift part time job.
My only requirement is that I must sleep under the covers. I can't relax without the security of a blanket shielding me from the dangers of the outside world.
Typical apparel would generally consist of a wife-beater or sports bra, and boxer shorts or pajama pants.
I am not an insomniac. I sleep like a well-fed 5 year old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Nothing is scarier in the morning than pillow hair! I know because I scare myself every morning with it! I too need a blanket for security!
I never really thought about it, but the security blanket is a need for me too. Great post!
So glad you can sleep so well. Sweet dreams tonight.
My DH always laughs at my scarry hair after a hard night's sleep.
oh too funny! love the hair. same problem here...have to have that blanket plus socks. can't sleep without 'em!
Sounds like I have a medusa buddy. As a kid, my brothers would always say that my hair looked like a bunch of snakes when I woke up. Of all items, snakes! yeck!
Sandra, your blog is awesome!!! It makes me laugh, it makes me think ... it makes me proud to be your friend!!!
After reading about your sleeping habits - I've taken note ... a few more things in common!! =)
Post a Comment