We're up to our armpits in summer squash. I've stirfried it, grilled it, made shishkabobs, given it away...they're still everywhere! Also, the Nasturtiums are in bloom, and I love to nibble the flowers while puttering in the garden--and now Heidi-The-Weiner Dog has learned to pick them off to nibble for herself!
The tomatoes are big and heavy, but still green as of yet. Caitlyn and I gorged ourselved on fried green tomatoes last week at the fair. I'm hoping to get a fence up around the corn real soon, as it's begun to tassle and the raccoons will be thick once the ears come in.
I'm still knitting the baby burp-cloth towel thing, and I cast on a pair of socks in Yarn Love's Scarlet O'Hara in the Darling colorway. It's soft and squishy and knits up like a dream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment