Thursday, August 16, 2007

Presenting...The Spice Girls




Their names are Rosemary, Ginger, Paprika, Basil, Sage and Cinnamon! They are Golden Comets, which supposedly lay over 200 extra large brown eggs EACH per year. Er, yeah.
E-I-E-I-fucking-O. I put a tiny colored hair elastic on one leg of each chick so we could tell them apart.

The generous lavender farmer next door gave them to us, for two reasons:
  1. Dew hooked up their jacuzzi for them last week in a gesture of neighborly goodwill.

  2. Running an organic lavender farm, naturally he encourages his neighbors(us) to avoid garden pesticides that could run-off to his property and mess up his soil tests.

I worry about chicken lice and bird flu, but the unreasonable fears are subsiding. The girls are fun and entertaining so far. We're looking at portable henhouse kits to build.

Omelet, anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhhh they are liek so adoribel p.s so is my lil cuzz lol


GO SPICE GIRL GO