Monday, September 10, 2007

Attention to Detail

Blog prompt: When people come to your home what is the first thing you want them to see and why?

My family gets together for a "Survivor" pool on Thursday nights. There's a pot luck dinner, Texas Hold 'Em, and between 10-15 people in your house once or twice a season to watch the show. "Survivor Night" rotates weekly between six different houses.

We use the garage entry out here in the country, and it leads right into our kitchen. I like for guests to see a well-organized kitchen, freaking full of food. I want them to be knocked out by the aromas and overwhelmed by crock pots and aluminum foil.

My mother always loved to cook for company, and she always made sure her house was clean for company. So...now I do, too.

Aunt Muggs (that's right, "Muggs") laughs and says the smart thing to do is to clean after Survivor parties.

Credits: Kim Liddiard's "Au Natural". Fonts -"CK Footnote" & "FG Emilia Dingbats"

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I love that!! What a great idea to have a Survivor party. I love that show and can't wait for it to start next week. Love your kitchen too and nothing better then the smell of good food cooking.

Jennifer Giuffre said...

Mmm. Food. Sounds like so much fun...and work afterwards!

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

SOunds fun! I love Survivor!!! Can I come too????

Unknown said...

I love walking in to a house & smelling good things cooking.

What a great idea to have a Survivor party each week.

Unknown said...

Never did get into watching Survivor; but the parties sound wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Your parties sound wonderful and I love the idea of all the aromas knocking everyone's socks off, for now it's just me and Shane, but I hope to have a full house one day.