- Er...food.
- Cookbooks
- Freezer
Back when I was both a new mother and a new divorcee, I struggled financially.
It amuses me to remember those times when at $8 per hour, I made too much money to qualify for WIC or food stamps.
Every morning at home, I ate old fashioned oatmeal (not instant or even quick-cook), garnished with yogurt & dried fruit.
I ate for free at work--which (luckily) had decent, healthy food.
Weekends meant a nice dinner with Mom, or a pot of homemade soup that lived a double life as pureed baby food for the freezer.
It was a hard time, but I appreciate food and cooking from scratch as a result.

2 comments:
Boy did this bring back memories. Been there, done that, LOL. Rice pudding is what I use to make for breakfast.
Yup! Definitely brought back memories. When I was the only one working and got paid once a month, times were lean. It was 6 weeks between paychecks in Dec. and Jan. so we ate a LOT of macaroni and cheese and pinto beans!
Post a Comment