Monday, February 25, 2008

Catching Up

*Sigh*.

An interesting month, although I was mostly away from the computer unless it was Quickbooks-related.

I made a pair of lace socks. Me love them long time. For the knit-savvy readers (do I have any?) the pattern is the ubiquitous Monkey Sock pattern from Knitty, altered here and there. The yarn is TOFUtsies by Southwest Trading Company, which I have wanted to try ever since I found out that the wool is blended with chitin--an antibactial material made from crab & shrimp shells. How cool is that?
I had the flu during the first week of February, and the throat-tickle cough torments me still.

We had some snowy, icy days that cancelled both school for Bug and work for Dew. I would be expected to report for work no matter what...although they try to make it tolerable by paying "hazard" pay. Whoopee.

Stewie-the-kitten is growing quickly; he has gone from a teeny pound-and-a-half in January to over 3.5 pounds on February 20. Still sociable, still a maniac. I have to figure a way to keep him out of the houseplants, though. My pothos doesn't enjoy the attention.

My baby brother turned 35. Happy (2.5 hrs belated) Birthday, Mikey! This is the man who was Bug's first real father figure before I married Dew. His twins and Bug were raised together, and I used to get asked if the three of them were...triplets. eek.
These guys are coming to see us for their spring break!!! I can't wait to spend long evenings chatting, smoking and drinking with my brother. The girls, I promised to take shopping. Then we all fly out together for a trip to Vegas!

*dancing a happy dance*

3 comments:

loonyhiker said...

OMG! I love those socks!!! I think I have my fill of crocheting afghans, shawls, and scarfs and ready to move to something different. I have been looking at doing a vest for myself but after looking at some patterns, I'm a little scared. Your socks are definitely motivating me though.

Unknown said...

Awesome socks. I had not heard of the antibactiral (sp?) though. Yep you need to move closer and start classes.

Anonymous said...

Nice socks, they remind me of the wicked witch in Oz for some reason.

Caitlyn looks SO DAMN CUTE in that pic as well as the twins. My oh my how they have grown, its a trip.

Mike is OLD NOW!!!

I can't wait to see you guys.