Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kind, Noble & Loyal


Blog Prompt: On May 8, 1877, the first Westminster Dog Show was held. What is your favorite kind of dog?

The friendly kind. Purebred or mixed breed, no matter what size or age or gender, all dogs fascinate me. Draw me.

I have an awesome little pack here. My eldest, Maggie-the-Yorkie, is naturally brilliant. She barks when the water bowl is empty, when she wants you to put her on the bed, when she's ready for dinner, when it's time for her to go potty, when the other Yahoos have to go potty...

If you ask her, she'd say it's been somewhat harder to train us.

Weenie and Heidi are Dachshund cousins. They never turn away a meal. They are sweet and cuddly. I like to make stupid, ruffled collar-covers for them to match the seasons and holidays. They are shameless people pleasers.

My dogs, formerly suburban yard fiends, have adapted to farm life with zeal and gusto. They happily follow as I mushroom hunt in the woods or gather wild black raspberries (egads, they love the black raspberries) and they love the vegetable garden.

They love to go for car rides, and go nuts when we approach the house again. How the hell do they know they're home again???




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww my lil cousin is so cute, and hidie, aww. plus the girls all together! awwwwwwwww!!!!!

loonyhiker said...

This was so cute! I love how you describe all of them. It always makes you wonder who really is the boss!

Unknown said...

Your pictures are priceless. I am beginning to think our cat is a dog in drag.... Whenever he hears Pan's truck he runs to the front door jumping up and down until Pan comes in. (He also likes to have his belly scratched).