Thursday, July 12, 2007

County Fair in Small Town, USA


I entered eight open classes in the handwork department of the county fair this year. There were some awesome pieces contributed by some impressively crafty people! I oohed and aahed over the cross stitched country scenes, knitted and crochet afghans, jewelry, home-sewn apparel, even some woodwork and wreaths.

It was fun. I could care less about the prizes...it's just so much fun having your year's work on display! It's inspiring and motivating and gratifying. I talked to the department chairpeople and asked them (begged) to add more knitting classes, since they only offer 5, compared to almost 15 in the crochet category.

I entered:

Celtic Christmas- Cross Stitch (see last year's photo above, far right)
Celtic Knot Bookmark- Cross Stitch
Thistle Sachet- Cross Stitch
Claddagh Photo Album Cover- Cross Stitch
Dishcloth- Crochet
Cashmere Scarf- Knitting
Raspberry Shadow Box Sox- Knitting
Beaded Bracelet- Jewelry

Looking forward to my upcoming Las Vegas trip...getting ready to cast on my Yarn Love (Scarlet O'Hara in the Darling colorway) for the WEBS sock knit-along to take with me! Whoo hoo...

No comments: