Digital Scrapbook Place Blogprompt: In years past one would not be seen without a hat to complete your ensemble. Not so much these days. When and where do you think it is fashionably correct to wear a hat?
Weeell, I suppose whenever I am forced to run out of the house to whatever errand requires it. Some people wake with morning breath...I emerge from the bedclothes with Bed Head From Hell.
My favorite straw chapeau is a Kaminski that I paid a pretty penny for at Seaport Village in San Diego when I found out I was pregnant with Caitie. I wear it everywhere during the summer months, and it always provokes a chuckle from my father when he sees it. I fancied it made me look carefree and stylish...but Dad informed me that it makes me look like an old lady, or at least a rice paddy farmer.
{shrug} Not the mental image I was going for, but there it is. Beats looking like Medusa.

5 comments:
I love the hat. Your Bed Head comments brought back college memories. We would go to class with a hat and men's boxer shorts. The dorm was attached to the classrooms so it was very convenient.
don't see a thing wrong with that hat!
lol Nothing like a man to give you a frank opinion!
I like the look of that hat.
ROFL.... You have a way with words. Very fetching hat, btw. ;)
Post a Comment