Blog Prompt: In what areas do you feel you have knowledge you can pass on to others?
I try to mind my own business, not proselytize, yada yada.
My friends usually ask me for my opinions about money, or how to handle a medical insurance issue. I don't know that it's so much that I have an abundance of knowledge in those areas, but I think I try to help them come to their own decision based on my experiences, without asserting that my way is best.
Older people, like my in-laws, depend on my computer experience...not that I have a lot of that, either. I know the basics, and that is more than them; therefore I must be an expert. I crank out some digital scrapbook pages at Christmastime and they think I am some sort of crafting computer geek. I try to pass on my meager knowledge, but they just end up wanting me to do the computer job for them myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I tried for so long to explain to my students that we can learn so much from other people's experiences. Too bad youthful ears don't listen! LOL
Passing on life's experiences is the best knowledge to give and to have. And you probably know more about computers than I do. I'm married to a programmer/MIS director and I just pass everything over to him, LOL.
First of all thanks for all the wonderful comments on my blog.
Insurance information is very important now adays. Especially for the older folks. Sometimes they have a hard time understanding what their insurance pays and doesn't pay. What am I saying. I don't understand it most of the time either.
Post a Comment