Tell us--in glorious detail--about something you're embarrassed to admit you like...
'Fess up. Put it out there. Own it.
{Inhaling deeply}
Being pregnant and giving birth.
There.
I always knew I wanted to get pregnant at 25 and have a baby girl.
I had a plan.
But I was pregnant during the darker period of my life--married to a compulsive gambler.
Amazingly, being pregnant was the most pleasant part of my life then. I was financially in trouble, my skin was blotchy and my hair was unmanageable, but otherwise I felt awesome. I was spared the grosser inconveniences of maternity; i.e. nausea and hemmoroids.
My daughter presented breach and posterior. That means she was backwards and upside down without enough fluid to turn around in. Mom says I'd have died in childbirth, back in the ole days. So I was scheduled for a Caesarian Section.
Again--loved it. I know. Sick.
What can I say? First hospital stay, my own room, baby stayed with me.
Breast feeding was the coolest thing ever.
Why?
Well, you know I knit; I love anything handcrafted, right?
Baby, I made milk. From scratch.
Pregnant friends still tell me to shut the Hell up when I bring it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Maybe not to the same degree as you, but I have loved being pregnant as well... and also haven't minded the 3 c-sections. Thanks for sharing and for the prompt... I'm giving this one some thought so I can update later.
Great prompt this week. I have never been pregnant but I hope that I enjoy it someday!! lol!
There is truly something remarkable about breastfeeding. Did all three of mine and enjoyed every minute of it.
Yep, loved pregnancy too. I felt beautiful and still regret that for various reasons breastfeeding just didn't work for me. One of my favorite times in my life, though. Thanks for the reminder!
Wonderful post and I even agree somewhat ;-)
that is wonderful Sandra and made me feel all gooey and baby wanting...
I am sooo very clucky.
waiting patiently (not trying yet just waiting)
Post a Comment