Monday, October 1, 2007

MacGyver's Keyring

Blog prompt: You can tell a lot about a person by the keys they carry. What do yours say about you?

The thing about my keys is that they hold my keyring collection of library cards (I have five different library district cards) and my Swiss Army Knife. The keys are of secondary importance--only the Hybrid's key gets used with any regularity.

I've worn out three mini Swiss Army Knives in seventeen years--usually the jump ring wears out or the red enamel breaks off. Tweezers lose their grip, the toothpick looks like a...well, a chewed toothpick. The mini scissors are handy for snipping yarn or DMC floss when I'm crafting on the go, and of course to clip last minute coupons and burrs out of the dogs' coats. I've used the flathead screwdriver to chip ice off the door handle, and to tighten the screws in my eyeglasses. Someone at work is always hitting me up for my SAK.

So what does that say about me? That I lurk in far too many libraries and like to pluck my eyebrows in gridlocked traffic, I suppose.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Now I know who I would be a great partner to be stuck on a deserted island with ! And I love the MacGyver reference ... one of the classics :)

Unknown said...

Have to agree with Glynis, although a number of the items on my keychain could double as something I am sure. LOL.

Anonymous said...

my mum swears by plucking in traffic, she says you get the best lighting in the car. I have used a key as a screwdriver does that count as MacGyver?