Monday, October 22, 2007

Pre-Paid Extravagance...as opposed to the kind that is charged to Master Card or Lady Visa.

No, money can't buy happiness. However. What is the first thing you'd go out and buy if someone handed you one million dollars? (that was supposed to sound like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers and yes, I have my pinkie by my mouth)

A barn, please. A nice, medium-sized pole barn on a concrete slab with plumbing. Red siding, as I am a traditionalist. Hay loft. Stray cat employed as mouser.

And I ain't selfish...I would happily share said barn with dear husband and his electrical contracting materials.

Room for all, I say.

"If you build it, they will come." That's why the blog's called My Field of Dreams.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely dream!! And nice that you'll share!! Now to think of my million dollar dream . . . (yes, I just said it like Dr. Evil with the pinky and all!! LOL)

Anonymous said...

I grew up on a farm with a big red barn and we raised pigs for the fair and cattle. My parents still live there but I have long since moved to the city. I do miss it a lot of the time so I totally understand and share your dream!

Rusheika said...

The barn sounds lovely! I can just picture the cat chasing the little mice!

Unknown said...

Not selfish at all.... What a dear to share some of the new barn with hubby's things. I'll loan you the cat. :)

Anonymous said...

that field definitely looks dreamy *sigh* barn or no barn that is beautiful