Thursday, December 13, 2007

Knit Like The Wind...


I am a knittin' fool. I knit where ever I can sit, including the car...except when I'm expected to drive.

I finished Dew's mother's socks after 29 days. They're made of corn fiber in a fingering weight yarn, so they took forever...but they're done and I'm happy with the way they turned out.

I then made some tree ornaments with leftover sock yarn, as directed in Vogue Knitting. They came out fast and cute. I added dangly beads and a satin bow for hanging. Caitlyn gave them as gifts to her two favorite teachers.

I still have two more pairs of socks to go...but they're house socks in worsted weight yarn so they're flying off the needles. Sock 1 of pair 1 is almost done in 5 days.

I can't wait til gift knitting is completed and I can try felted slippers and maybe a sweater for next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great socks, and that ornament is so cute! I am so excited to be done knitting gifts too... good luck!

loonyhiker said...

I love the socks and ornament! I just finished crocheting my first hat and scarf but you are making me want to learn how to knit!