Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Worth Remembering

Things I Don’t Ever Want To Forget:

The comforting smell of my grandparents house. It smelled of baked ham, pipe tobacco, and Rose Milk hand lotion.

That first glimpse of my daughter's face in an ultrasound. You could see her high cheekbones--which she gets from me--even in utero.

My father's impression of Porky Pig. "That's All, Folks!"

Being poor but happy with a new baby after my divorce.

My mother teaching me to sing children's songs in Korean.

TransAmerican road trips--Five of them--all enjoyable.

The way Dewey and I tease each other--like little kids.

Each and every animal that ever shared my home with me.

Saving my kindergarten cookie to bring home to my little brother in my kneesock.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful list of things to remember and cherish. :)

loonyhiker said...

What a great list! Your comment about your mother teaching you to sing in Korean makes me wish I would have learned Chinese. I am the only one in the family who never learned Chinese because the school told my parents that it would slow me down in school if I was bilingual. What a crock! Now we are traveling around so much that I am not at home long enough to take any classes plus there aren't any classes in Cantonese (my father's dialect) around here.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.