I finished knittin' a pair of socks for my father. They are striped in Ohio State University colors, and will be shown in the county fair this summer before he gets gifted with them. I knitted most of the second sock while in ride lines at King's Island theme park a couple weeks back, which I highly recommend. If you can withstand the stares, knitting in line proved pleasant and productive. Made the lines seem shorter, too.I also spun 4 ounces of Blue Faced Leicester wool in short order. I can go faster now, it seems. The roving is dyed with food coloring, and it was fun to spin. The barber-pole effect of the plying worked out nicely, too.
We sheared our goats today. Frankly, they look like they went through the woodchipper. Dew was freaked and hesitant about shearing ourselves, but we learned a lot and luckily, no one died (yet). Nicked them pretty good in a couple places and they're bleeding a little, but they didn't cry out at all during the shearing process. I'd post photos but I'm afraid someone might call the ASPCA on us. Naw, not that bad...maybe. It was more traumatic for us.

3 comments:
Dude his socks look great and ahhhh my mother freaking yarn looks awsome!!!!!!! I cant wait to get it like for sure dude ahhhhh thank you dude cant wait!
-Raquel
P.S. to you im Q aka evil twin.
Way cool socks. Love the colors in your yarn. But wish you were here :( I'm trying to make a kirtie for The Princess and I have had to start it about a dozen times already, LOL. I keep getting distracted. But I think when I get ready to put the insets in I may have to get some help (in the form of a great MIL).
Oh my gosh!! What a great thing to do!! I have never knitted before and since I live in Florida, don't have much need for warm clothes. But that is so cool that you can do that. And I would've stood next to you in line and bugged you about what you were doing and before too long, you would've been teaching my how to knit.
Post a Comment