Friday, October 3, 2008

Adventures in Knitting

I'm working on the February Lady Sweater, as shown above.

This is my first cardigan, and my first major handspun project, and first project with my homegrown fiber.

My only serious error in judgement thus far has been the inconsistent grist (yarn yardage per pound) between skeins of my handspun. This means that in knitting the sweater, there is a slight difference in the thickness in the yarn when I finished one skein and joined in another.

Dew says he can't tell....but you KNOW it drives me up a frigging wall.

But I am forging on nonetheless. And even if it never leaves the house, I will finish--and wear--this sweater and learn from the experience.

Meanwhile, I finished a pair of cabled ring socks for my cousin, and am halfway done with her husband's housesocks.


Lastly, I am spinning some goodies I picked up from Dianne's Creatively Dyed at The Wool Gathering.
50% merino, 50% bamboo and man does this stuff glow like silk.


So...what are you working on?

1 comment:

Q said...

Love those colours they look gorgeous!