Today's blogprompt asks to describe typical things that happen in my day.
My day begins at about 3:30 p.m.--yes, that would be in the afternoon--when I take all of the house animals out for some much-needed personal time in the yard.
Bug's bus rolls in around then. She feeds the house critters & starts homework while I get dressed, collect eggs from the coop and feed the alpacas and goats. Shovel shit and refill water buckets, maybe dole out carrots for good farm animals.
Eggs get washed & put away, and I start dinner (or breakfast, depending on your point of view). Dew and his electrical crew motorcade make their appearance and I try to foist eggs on some unsuspecting recipient.
Dinner is served; we eat together at the dining room table. The television is usually on and within sight, but we manage to squeeze in some good conversations during the commercials.
Dew usually showers while I clean up the kitchen, do a load of laundry, etc. I try to get my personal phone calls done during this time, or help Bug with homework. If there is invoicing or deposits to be made, he & I will spend a couple hours in the office--he, trying to keep the kitten off his blueprints; me, trying to balance my fat fanny on the edge of an office chair already occupied by two sleeping weiner dogs. Emails, podcast downloads & internet banking get taken care of between bookkeeping tasks.
If I'm blessed with a Quickbooks-free evening, perhaps a movie and some spinning will be indulged. Then a quick shower, kiss for Bug & Dew, I upload my podcasts to the MP3 player, grab a Rockstar energy drink with my car keys, and I'm off to work.
I get to work an hour early and knit at my desk for an hour. Then I do my data entry work while listening to podcasts or audiobooks and swilling the Rockstar. Off by 4:00, home by 4:30. That's a.m.
Unwind for an hour or two--online or in bed, watching the telly. Send the kid and the husband off into the world...and then I sleep like the dead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! I never realized what your day was like and so glad you decided to do this prompt! I think your life with the animals and the eggs sounds so cool. I have never eaten eggs not from the grocery store. I can't imagine working through the nite, because I would fall asleep. As for the shoveling bit, I will leave that to you! (do you wear a clothespin on your nose? lol)
I think Loony said it best, Wow. You do have a full life going on, but oh so interesting.
Hi - waving at you from Australia - have to get up now and go to work!
Post a Comment