
Yes, we are on a blizzard watch until 4:00 p.m. tomorrow afternoon. I already called in to work, where they were trying to lure us in with promises of free vending machine coffee and double-time pay.
Although if the sheriff catches you on the roads during a Level 3 emergency he'll slap your dumb ass with a ticket.
We all took showers. Bug vacuumed. Dew ran to Krogers earlier today and picked up bottled water and snacks. I fixed meatloaf with asparagus for supper and cleaned the kitchen. Candles and oil lamps are burning, laundry's in the dryer, the wood is cut and the kindling is in the garage. Every rechargeable gadget we own is plugged in in anticipation of a power outage: cell phones, MP3 players, mini-DVD player, rechargeable flashlights...
I was eight years old during the Blizzard of '78. My parents were still married and school was cancelled for days. We had a double-sided woodburning fireplace, so the neighbors stayed with us and by the fire we played with a new fangled toy: Legos.
Dad drained our hot water heater and we ate Campbell's soup. We ate roasted hot dogs.
When a rescue team arrived two days later, they drove us--very slowly--to the local high school where we spent the last night of that blizzard.
What an adventure. That was '78, and here we are in '08.
So I am at home spinning, and fully ready for the worst.

3 comments:
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
Take care and I'll be thinking of you.
I don't know where you are located exactly but I am cold just reading about your blizzard. I never had heard of cops giving tickets during a blizzard before. What do you do with the alpacas and goats? Do you bring them in the house with you so they don't freeze (like Noah's ark lol)?
Post a Comment