Thursday, October 23, 2008

Productivity Update

I made soft alpaca baby socks this month. Knitted, spun, dyed and raised by me.
The alpaca was grown for me by Ollie, my Huacaya alpaca gelding.
He's white with blue eyes and he's deaf. You can see him here.
He gives kisses.

The cuffs are super-stretchy because of a cast-on tip that I learned from Charlene Schurch's workshop: Cast on double the number of stitches you need, then K2tog, P2tog the first row. That gets you back to your intended cast on number, and you continue in 2x2 ribbing for the cuff.

The intent was to knit a handspun baby item for any future grandchildren...never mind my kids are only 19 and 13.

So, I learned that I can't knit a Christmas gift early to save my life, but evidently I am jonesing for grandkids.

Already.

Ahem.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

The socks look beautiful and so does your alpaca!!! Thanks for sharing. Someday I'll make a pair of socks but right now I'll just drool over the ones you make.